Saturday, August 6, 2011

The inevitable Minecraft post

Like pretty much everyone else on the internet at this point (I hope. If you don't, you need to fix that.) I, and most of my friends play Minecraft.

We usually chill on a friend's server as he has a both good computer and better internet connection then the rest of us, but in celebration of my new internet speeds, we decided to test how my world would work.


We got a bit carried away and spent the entire day messing around. Ignore the creeper damage, we decided to take a break before going to get new glass.

  


It started a little weird, we spawned in a tree. A tall one at that. On some experimentation, we sound our spawn seemed to move around and encompass a general area around a hill. I'm still not sure if that's a glitch or a thing in the game now. But we decided we needed to build shelter.


We wound up with what we considered the ugliest house in all of minecraft, it was long, short and just floated in the air, save for one corner resting atop the tree. Monsters spawned indoors while trying to sleep if we didn't just wind up trapped in a wall trying to sleep. it was shaped almost like a coffin or tipped over phone booth, and wound up being dubbed the Retardis because of that.

To redeem our shame, we spent the rest of the day building around it with an equally strange building and courtyard, that ended up having a nice look to it if you ask me, very cubist and modern. Inside that top layer, protected by dirt but encased in wood is the retardis, set us so that if the house ever catches fire its shame shall again be known, but until then it will remain concealed from all.


I also built an entire house of TNT, invited my friends inside to check out how I furnished it and then sealed the door with heavy rocks and set it on fire to kill them, destroying an entire island it was on.


The inside of the new house is very nice, is sparse. We found a neat glitch that let us place torches on chests and that glass tube goes up to the dark area inside the retardis, letting Creepers or the like drop down and be pets without becoming dangerous.

Its pretty much only the house, which has one and a half sorta rooms and a work in progress courtyard for now, but it was a fun day. We may develop things further, but that will remain to be seen.

8 comments:

  1. I love minecraft, and your world looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to happen eventually, I don't think you can have a blog and not talk about minecraft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's a pretty ugly house :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Houses built with wood look nice, but one flimsy flint and you're doomed

    ReplyDelete
  5. You didn't even tell how you were making the first floor and the hole was there and dropped a Skelly from the sky on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice house! It's been too long since I played Minecraft. I'm just worried I might get addicted again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if I could create things like this in Minecraft maybe I'd get on it more often. +followed hope you can follow back to help out, but thanks for the great blog already.

    ReplyDelete